Thursday, November 1, 2012

Remote Control While Camping

How cool is that!

By using Skype for audio and Ham Radio Deluxe I was able to enjoy listening to QSO’s in my RV this past weekend. I don’t have PPT enabled yet, I’m waiting to do that for right after I have upgraded my license. In this screen shot I’m simply remote controlling my WHS2011 server and controlling the rig that way, but I also have my firewall configured to allow remote control directly from HRD installed on my HP Elitebook 8770w Mobile workstation.

As configured it has a 3rd gen i7 quad core CPU (with hyper threading it shows 8 cores in Windows), 16gigs of memory and a 128gig SSD main drive with 500gig 7,200 rpm mechanical drive for backups and data. In January I’ll be upgrading to Windows 8 Pro, Intel SSD 520’s, 32gigs of memory and a 1TB mechanical drive for backup duties. IMG_0068

I’m also working on an antenna system to use with the rig so I can bring a radio along.

IMG_0056

2 comments:

  1. So, ya think ya gots electronic nirvana aye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet but working on it! When I have the config set to QSO while camping I'll be all set! :)~

    ReplyDelete

I know some people like VE7KFM can't help themselves but if you feel the need to post as "Anonymous" add your name. For some reason he has no issue blasting his call on the air but online he is too frightened to do so, maybe he is afraid of what can happen, who knows, but for the rest of you, please leave a name or call, thanks.